Old 09-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Alfredo Lopez

Default Hard disk do not shut down

I have a toshiba satellite lap top with ubuntu 8.4, I install java 6 and then when shut down the screen is down but the hard disk light is on and the computer do not shut down. Thanks

Lic Alfredo López Vargas
Abogado & Notario
tel 506-88365072** tel/fax 506-22910243

Old 09-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Philippe Didier

Alfredo Lopez wrote:

have a toshiba satellite lap top with ubuntu 8.4, I install java 6 and
then when shut down the screen is down but the hard disk light is on
and the computer do not shut down. Thanks

Lic
Alfredo López Vargas

Abogado & Notario

tel 506-88365072** tel/fax 506-22910243

Hi,

Not sure this is linked to the Java install ...

Make a hard shutdown (press long time on the power button). Restart the
computer after 10 seconds et look it the problem appears again.

Philippe