Old 09-18-2008, 12:37 AM
Chris Jeffries

Default USB Storage -deletng files

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 17:02 +0100, ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:
> Sorry, I haven't been reading this thread so I may be out of
> line, but it
> looks straightforward to me. If you remove a usb storage
> device without
> properly unmounting it, it will usually need to be fsck'd.
> Any device not
> plugged in and recognized at boot time, won't _get_ fsck'd
> automatically.
> Any device mounted while needing an fsck, will be mounted
> read-only (at
> best!).

I am sure you are right. However, at the point the problem
manifested, I had not done that. I only pulled it out of Ubuntu
after trying everything i could think of (which wasn't very
much) to get some disk space back. By that time it was ALREADY
read only. So it must have been caused by something else.

Chris