Old 09-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Carl Friis-Hansen

Default Blocked UDP Addresses---iptables result

Dean C. Cole wrote:
> *"iptables -l" yields "accept all UDP"
>
> "ufw status" yields "Firewall not loaded"
>
> Dean
> *

I am confused! What version if Ubuntu do you use? In my system there is
no -l option to iptables.

I would have expected "sudo iptables -L" to return something like this:

/////////////////////
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

/////////////////////

I would love to see what yours does.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:16 AM
Nils Kassube

Carl Friis-Hansen wrote:
> Dean C. Cole wrote:
> > *"iptables -l" yields "accept all UDP"
> >
> > "ufw status" yields "Firewall not loaded"
> >
> > Dean
> > *
>
> I am confused! What version if Ubuntu do you use? In my system there is
> no -l option to iptables.

And the second confusion is the firewall name. In the first mail
firestarter was mentioned, now it is ufw?

Nils