Old 12-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Philippe Didier

Default Dapper / Software RAID / SATA disk

Hi,

I have an old server Celeron running Software RAID 1 on Dapper. I will
upgrade the hardware and I would like to do the same configuration,
(soft Raid 1 on 2 disks), but the server will surely come with SATA disks.

Will I have more difficulties implementing the concept or the fact that
this is SATA and not IDE will be transparent for Dapper ... and me.

Thanks,

Philippe

PS : software RAID (dmraid) not Fakeraid

Old 12-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Gerald Dachs

Quoting Philippe Didier <pdidier@neptuneconcept.com>:

> PS : software RAID (dmraid) not Fakeraid

But dmraid is fakeraid: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FakeRaidHowto

Gerald

Old 12-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Philippe

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 12:41 +0100, Gerald Dachs wrote:
> But dmraid is fakeraid:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FakeRaidHowto
>
> Gerald

Ooops sorry so let's say simple : Software RAID not Fakeraid. Control
with mdadm ... my mistake.

Philippe