Old 09-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Default Networked Printer Advice

Hey everyone!

Wondered if you could share recommendations (Never had a problem with,
stay away from) on networked laser printers. I have a Samsung 600CLP and
while I like it, the fuser keeps giving errors (either over or under
temps), and this is a replacement fuser unit. I'd like to use a color
printer in an affordable price range and use one that won't need special
drivers for Ubuntu or OS X (and I assume they'd all work with Windows).
I may be having to look for another one when the fuser or toner
replacements need to come up again, since they alone can cost almost as
much as a home laser nowadays.

So, if you have some advice to share, I'd love to hear it.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:57 PM
"Phillip K. Majewski"

I would check the manufacturers website to see if PCL drivers are available for any printer that you are looking at. As long as the printer "talks" PCL you should be OK. Some of the cheaper laser printers and bubblejets do not.

Phil Majewski