Old 09-16-2008, 11:35 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

Default How to find which command to run new program?

I have downloaded and installed Anki from this website:
http://ichi2.net/anki/

However, the likely command "anki" does not start the program. I have
stfw but cannot figure out which command starts Anki! How can one
figure this information out?

Thanks in advance.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

Old 09-16-2008, 11:42 PM
"Chris Mohler"

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have downloaded and installed Anki from this website:
> http://ichi2.net/anki/
>
> However, the likely command "anki" does not start the program. I have
> stfw but cannot figure out which command starts Anki! How can one
> figure this information out?

Hmm - I usually do a 'dpkg -L <package_name>' or 'dpkg -L
<package_name> | grep "/usr/bin"'. I'm sure there are other
methods...

Synaptic also shows a list of installed files IIRC.

Chris

Old 09-17-2008, 07:32 AM
"Dotan Cohen"

2008/9/17 Chris Mohler <cr33dog@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have downloaded and installed Anki from this website:
>> http://ichi2.net/anki/
>>
>> However, the likely command "anki" does not start the program. I have
>> stfw but cannot figure out which command starts Anki! How can one
>> figure this information out?
>
> Hmm - I usually do a 'dpkg -L <package_name>' or 'dpkg -L
> <package_name> | grep "/usr/bin"'. I'm sure there are other
> methods...
>
> Synaptic also shows a list of installed files IIRC.
>
> Chris

Thanks. It turns out that there was a dependency issue that I missed
and it was not installed! Taken care of.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il