Old 09-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Default New object-rotate-left icon set draft

Based on object-flip* model. I have not done the right version because
it depends on this
set. Comments welcome.

Luya

Old 09-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Martin Sourada

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 11:45 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Based on object-flip* model. I have not done the right version because
> it depends on this
> set. Comments welcome.
>
> Luya

32x32 and 48x48 are have blurry the vertical lines on the left, 22x22 is
a little blurry on the top. The bent part seems strange, the white
outline has inconsistent width throughout the icon (let inkscape make it
by duplicating the object, putting it bellow, adding an outline to have
desirable look, then transform outline to object and remove any holes).

Martin

Old 09-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Martin Sourada a écrit :
> 32x32 and 48x48 are have blurry the vertical lines on the left, 22x22 is
> a little blurry on the top. The bent part seems strange, the white
> outline has inconsistent width throughout the icon (let inkscape make it
> by duplicating the object, putting it bellow, adding an outline to have
> desirable look, then transform outline to object and remove any holes).
>
> Martin
32x32 and 48x48 should be crisp. Top should look fine on 22x22 and the white
outline issue has been addressed.

Luya

Old 09-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 11:45 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Based on object-flip* model. I have not done the right version because
> it depends on this
> set. Comments welcome.

The horizontal arm seems a bit too short and the curve not... curvy
enough. It's hard to tell if this is a "rotate left" or a "drop here"
icon.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams a écrit :
> The horizontal arm seems a bit too short and the curve not... curvy
> enough. It's hard to tell if this is a "rotate left" or a "drop here"
> icon.

Could you specify which version? On right side from top to bottom:
large(48x48), medium(32x32), small(22x22), extra-small(16x16). Also
check the reply with updated version.

Luya

Old 09-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Martin Sourada

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 12:34 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Martin Sourada a écrit :
> > 32x32 and 48x48 are have blurry the vertical lines on the left, 22x22 is
> > a little blurry on the top. The bent part seems strange, the white
> > outline has inconsistent width throughout the icon (let inkscape make it
> > by duplicating the object, putting it bellow, adding an outline to have
> > desirable look, then transform outline to object and remove any holes).
> >
> > Martin
> 32x32 and 48x48 should be crisp. Top should look fine on 22x22 and the white
> outline issue has been addressed.
>
> Luya

To better explain what I thought (and I also agree with Ignacio's
comment) I reworked the 256x256 version. The files you attached seem to
be same like in the original mail so my version does not include the fix
you talk about. I attach it.

Martin

Old 09-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Martin Sourada a écrit*:

To better explain what I thought (and I also agree with Ignacio's
comment) I reworked the 256x256 version. The files you attached seem to
be same like in the original mail so my version does not include the fix
you talk about. I attach it.

Martin

Here is updated version. Both 22x22 and 16x16 have been modified and
got their trunk shortened.

Luya

Old 09-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Martin Sourada

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 13:35 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Martin Sourada a écrit :
> >
> > To better explain what I thought (and I also agree with Ignacio's
> > comment) I reworked the 256x256 version. The files you attached seem to
> > be same like in the original mail so my version does not include the fix
> > you talk about. I attach it.
> >
> > Martin
> Here is updated version. Both 22x22 and 16x16 have been modified and
> got their trunk shortened.
>
> Luya

The shape is now OK I think. Now that I look at it, for consistency you
might want to either make the 256x256 arrow bigger or in other sizes
smaller. The 48x48 need some fixes with pixel grid alignment (same place
as with your last try), similarly, but to less extent with 32x32. 24x24
would perhaps need further tweaking to look more like the other arrows -
it's thicker both than the bigger and lesser sizes. I'd also move it a
little to the left and the top part is blurry. The 16x16 seems fine

Martin

Old 09-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Martin Sourada a écrit*:

The shape is now OK I think. Now that I look at it, for consistency you
might want to either make the 256x256 arrow bigger or in other sizes
smaller. The 48x48 need some fixes with pixel grid alignment (same place
as with your last try), similarly, but to less extent with 32x32. 24x24
would perhaps need further tweaking to look more like the other arrows -
it's thicker both than the bigger and lesser sizes. I'd also move it a
little to the left and the top part is blurry. The 16x16 seems fine

Martin

256x256 kept the same size. Reduce arrow size for both 48x48 and 32x32
instead.

24x24 got tweaked.

Luya

Old 09-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Martin Sourada

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 14:02 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Martin Sourada a écrit :
> >
> > The shape is now OK I think. Now that I look at it, for consistency you
> > might want to either make the 256x256 arrow bigger or in other sizes
> > smaller. The 48x48 need some fixes with pixel grid alignment (same place
> > as with your last try), similarly, but to less extent with 32x32. 24x24
> > would perhaps need further tweaking to look more like the other arrows -
> > it's thicker both than the bigger and lesser sizes. I'd also move it a
> > little to the left and the top part is blurry. The 16x16 seems fine
> >
> > Martin
> >
> 256x256 kept the same size. Reduce arrow size for both 48x48 and 32x32
> instead.
> 24x24 got tweaked.
>
> Luya

I attach further tweaks to improve the icon clarity.

Martin