Old 09-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Derek Broughton

Default how to delete an email that has been sent to the Ubuntu User mailing list

Zhengguo Xu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> how can I delete an email that has been sent to the Ubuntu User mailing
> list? Can it be done?
>
> I am asking because I sent an email several days ago and it has been held
> by mailing list moderator (mail is too long). During that time, my problem
> has been solved, thanks for all the kind guys here. :-)
>
> So in order to avoid waisting other people's time I'd like to delete this
> mail. How should I do it?

I don't _know_ that this list works this way, but on most lists, if a post
gets held for moderation, you will get a message sent to you telling you -
and there's usually a link there to cancel the post.
--
derek

Old 09-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Dax Solomon Umaming

Old 09-15-2008, 10:07 PM
"Zhengguo Xu"

Dex, no i didn't delete it. the mail was released sometime today (or yesterday? i didn't check yesterday).

yes, i received a mail saying i could cancel the post, however, at that time my problem was unsolved so i didn't do anything. i saw the mail after solving the problem. that's why i was asking how to deleted to avoid waste someone's time trying to help me. :-)