Old 12-09-2007, 11:38 PM
John Toliver

Default Problem with preparing a drive to dualboot. system won't restart completel

I'm trying to setup dual booting with gutsy and XP on a 40GB Thinkpad
T23. I configured it as the following:

Partition 1(Active)NTFS 9.8GB (For XP)
Partition 2 Ext3 14.65 (For Gutsy)
Partition 3 EXT3 10.65 (/home)
Partition 4 Swap 2.11 (Linux-swap)

When I put the XP CD in, It saw the partitions and I pointed it at
partition 1 and it got busy copying files over. When it got ready to
reboot, it went as far as the "Press any key to boot from CD" screen and
stayed there. Did I miss configure the partitions? Does XP still need
small DOS partition or something in order to boot? I did my
partitioning through gparted in Gutsy then swapped HDD out.

Not sure what I did wrong. Any help would be appreciated.