Old 09-14-2008, 01:28 PM
"Gary Kirkpatrick"

Default firefox fights skype

Skype works fine except when Firefox is running (perhaps it would not work with other audio sources too but have not checked).

Appreciate any suggestions.

gary

Old 09-15-2008, 04:02 PM
"Gary Kirkpatrick"

Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:

Skype works fine except when Firefox is running (perhaps it
would not work with other audio sources too but have not checked).

Appreciate any suggestions.

gary

Thanks- I thought* they'd fixed that.* It was working even with FF running until I ran a routine that fixed the other sound problem- computer source worked and internet source would not and vice-versa, depending on which I used first.

Gary

Old 09-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Karl Larsen

Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Darius <darius@onrails.lt> wrote:
>

>> skype at this time doesn't support pulseaudio.
>> Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
>>
>> Skype works fine except when Firefox is running (perhaps it would not work
>> with other audio sources too but have not checked).
>>
>> Appreciate any suggestions.
>>
>> gary
>>

>> --
>>

> Thanks- I thought they'd fixed that. It was working even with FF running
> until I ran a routine that fixed the other sound problem- computer source
> worked and internet source would not and vice-versa, depending on which I
> used first.
>
> Gary

This is not the case on Hardy. I can have Firefox up looking at the
poor Stock Market and be talking on Skype and both work fine. No
problems of any sort. Of course I have Pulse Audio working and it does fine.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User