Old 09-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Default phantom files

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> "Joep L. Blom" <jlblom@neuroweave.nl> said:
>> Cybe R. Wizard schreef:

>>> That came across wrong. I meant it to be humorous but it seems
>>> mean in print. As anybody can make a mistake and there are only so
>>> many famous Linuses, I'd like to offer an apology to Joep. I
>>> didn't mean to seem condescending or abrupt.
>>>
>>> Cybe R. Wizard -Torvalds in the Linux guy
>> It was accepted in the humorous way! and it was a stupid (or curious)
>> mistake!
>> Joep
>>
> You get props just for knowing the name. Most folks don't. Now, do
> you know the /third/ famous Linus?

Charlie Brown's friend?

Old 09-13-2008, 01:34 PM
"Joep L. Blom"

Cybe R. Wizard schreef:
> "Joep L. Blom" <jlblom@neuroweave.nl> said:
>> Cybe R. Wizard schreef:

>>> That came across wrong. I meant it to be humorous but it seems
>>> mean in print. As anybody can make a mistake and there are only so
>>> many famous Linuses, I'd like to offer an apology to Joep. I
>>> didn't mean to seem condescending or abrupt.
>>>
>>> Cybe R. Wizard -Torvalds in the Linux guy
>> It was accepted in the humorous way! and it was a stupid (or curious)
>> mistake!
>> Joep
>>
> You get props just for knowing the name. Most folks don't. Now, do
> you know the /third/ famous Linus?
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
It rings a bell I guess someone in in the physics community but it could
well be even someone in the medical community (a long time ago my
community).
Joep

Old 09-13-2008, 01:55 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

Bart Silverstrim <bsilver@chrononomicon.com> said:

> Thusly spake Cybe:

> > Now, do
> > you know the /third/ famous Linus?
>
> Charlie Brown's friend?

Did my .sig give it away?

Cybe R. Wizard
by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
Brian W. Kernighan

Old 09-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Derek Broughton

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

> --- Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca> wrote:
>
>> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>>
>> > Is it evergoing to stop? I'm getting corporal
>> tunnel
>> > syndrome in my right mouse delete finger over this
>> > thread. Karl isn't the one causing this.
>>
>> No, it's NOT going to stop. This is a mailing list,
>> and people will talk
>> about what they want to talk about. There are any
>> number of ways to ensure
>> you don't see a thread that you don't want - if you
>> can't use them with
>> your mail program or newsreader, get a better one.

> Who asked you, Derek, the smart ass!- Ignore the smiley.

Get a grip Leonard. Asking people to stop posting is always a losing
proposition.

The _simplest_ way to stop this foolishness is to just plonk idiots like
you.
<plonk>
--
derek