Old 12-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Rajat

Default Faulty view of the window

Hi,

I was wondering if this is how the interface is "supposed" to look in ubuntu* <<coz it suddenly is a little too weird>>

I am sending in the screen shot showing the mozilla firefox which i see in my system. Please observe the blown up mozilla font on top. I cannot resize or reduce it and it indeed is very inconvenient.

Please do let me know if I'm going wrong somewhere.

Thanks
Rajat

Old 12-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Caleb Marcus

I was wondering if this is how the interface is "supposed" to look in ubuntu* <<coz it suddenly is a little too weird>>

I am sending in the screen shot showing the mozilla firefox which i see in my system. Please observe the blown up mozilla font on top. I cannot resize or reduce it and it indeed is very inconvenient.

Please do let me know if I'm going wrong somewhere.

Thanks

Rajat

Whoah, that is DEFINITELY not how it's supposed to look. Try changing your "Window title font" in the Fonts tab of System>Preferences>Appearance, and if that doesn't work, try changing your theme in the Theme tab.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Rajat

Hi Marcus,

Changing the theme or the text size doesn't help.

Theme changes the style and decrease in font size (dpi) reduces the size of the fonts but not the size of the title bar !

However at times (alternatingly) the window seems to be fine ?? !! ??

Any clue ?

Cheers
Rajat

Old 12-09-2007, 09:59 PM
jerry

Rajat wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> Changing the theme or the text size doesn't help.
>
> Theme changes the style and decrease in font size (dpi) reduces the size of
> the fonts but not the size of the title bar !
>
> However at times (alternatingly) the window seems to be fine ?? !! ??
>
> Any clue ?
>
> Cheers
> Rajat
>
> On Dec 9, 2007 5:42 PM, Caleb Marcus <caleb.marcus@gmail.com> wrote:

What happens if you right click on the title bar, select ---> advanced
----> no border?

Use Alt + F3 to get the title bar back.

Jerry

Old 12-09-2007, 10:20 PM
James Takac

On Sunday 09 December 2007 09:31:22 Rajat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if this is how the interface is "supposed" to look in
> ubuntu <<coz it suddenly is a little too weird>>
>
> I am sending in the screen shot showing the mozilla firefox which i see in
> my system. Please observe the blown up mozilla font on top. I cannot resize
> or reduce it and it indeed is very inconvenient.
>
> Please do let me know if I'm going wrong somewhere.
>
> Thanks
> Rajat

Hi Rajat

For the most part it looks about right. I'm guessing you may have gone away
from the default theme by the colour scheme it shows. That square button like
object to the left on your firefox window is new to me though. Guessing you
may have tried for a windows like theme by the appearance of the minimize
icon on your window and that button like thing to the left may be meant to be
the icon for the app?

James

Old 12-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Rajat

Guess its a video card related issue ... (i will do more investigation on that).

System ---> Preferences ---> Appearance ---> Visual Effects ---> Normal None (works fine) Extra doesn't* ! ?? !

Thanks a lot guys for all the suggestions.

Cheers
Rajat

Old 12-10-2007, 09:04 AM
"Michael R. Head"

On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 00:31 +0100, Rajat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if this is how the interface is "supposed" to look in
> ubuntu <<coz it suddenly is a little too weird>>

Looks weird. could be that sawfish is managing your windows instead of
metacity.

Try this and see if it helps:

1) open a terminal
2) run this command: metacity --replace

At this point, metacity should take over management of your windows and
theme settings should work (System/Preferences/Appearance where you can
select the Human theme)

--
Michael R. Head <burner@suppressingfire.org>
http://picasaweb.google.com/demiri.head.wedding