Old 12-06-2007, 11:05 AM
AlgoMantra

Default microphone in ubuntu gutsy

Dear All,

Attached is the screenshot of my $alsamixer status in Ubuntu Gutsy.
audio outputs are all working fine, but I can't seem to get my external
microphone working with anything - Chuck programming language,

Audacity, etc.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm on a Compaq Presarion C500. And here is
a portion of my $lspci which might be relevant here:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 01)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 01)

thanks in advance,
-- fadereu

http://www.algomantra.com