-   -   I really need some help! (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/155861-i-really-need-some-help.html)

"Diogo Böhm" 09-08-2008 12:40 AM

I really need some help!

Oh, you didn't tried to install ubuntu on your Mac, did you?

2008/9/7 Alex Kinzer <alexkinzer@gmail.com>

I have an Intel iMac G5 (Late 2006)
Mac OSX 10.4.11

I burned a Ubuntu 8.04 LiveCD. Everything when perfectly.
I put it in my Mac and when to System Preferences>Startup Disk and booted from the CD

However, I can't get back to OSX

Choosing boot from first hard disk results in a flashing "_" with a green block under it.
Restarting the computer results in "No boot device, something about inserting a boot cd or other, please hit any key to continue.

OR

being stuck at a light blue screen.

help!

alexkinzer@gmail.com

"Alex Kinzer" 09-08-2008 12:45 AM

I really need some help!

No, I'm still in Live Session
but I did accidentally click on Install thats on the desktop, but I exited when the first window came up.

"Brian McKee" 09-08-2008 01:24 PM

I really need some help!

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Alex Kinzer <alexkinzer@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, I'm still in Live Session
> but I did accidentally click on Install thats on the desktop, but I exited
> when the first window came up.
>
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 12:40 AM, Diogo Böhm <zeekay.diogo@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Oh, you didn't tried to install ubuntu on your Mac, did you?
>>
>> 2008/9/7 Alex Kinzer <alexkinzer@gmail.com>
>>>
>>> I have an Intel iMac G5 (Late 2006)
>>> Mac OSX 10.4.11
>>>
>>> I burned a Ubuntu 8.04 LiveCD. Everything when perfectly.
>>> I put it in my Mac and when to System Preferences>Startup Disk and booted
>>> from the CD
>>>
>>> However, I can't get back to OSX
>>>
>>> Choosing boot from first hard disk results in a flashing "_" with a green
>>> block under it.
>>> Restarting the computer results in "No boot device, something about
>>> inserting a boot cd or other, please hit any key to continue.
>>>
>>> OR
>>>
>>> being stuck at a light blue screen.

Reboot then hold down the left button on your mouse (start when you
hear the pan pipes). That should force the disk to eject and put it
back where it was.

If for some reason you can't get that to work, reboot and hold down
the option key - that will bring up the built into the iMac boot
manager that will let you pick what you want to boot from.

Brian

"Alex Kinzer" 09-08-2008 08:05 PM

I really need some help!

Update!
Fixed: I held the option button on reboot.....