Old 12-09-2007, 03:38 AM
Willis

Default I'm Beaten

I installed esword4ubuntu_1.7 so many times and so many different ways
that I give up. When I check the directory
/usr/apps/local/esword4ubuntu from either login, root or user, I see
exactly the same thing. And on checking the Launch command on both
logins is /usr/apps/local/esword4ubuntu/runesword and yet it runs from
the root and nothing at all happens from the user directroy. Remember,
I've installed from both director root and user with the exact same result.

Is there a permission I might need to change?

Old 12-09-2007, 03:42 AM
Chris

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 22:38:34 -0600
Willis <gods-servant@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I installed esword4ubuntu_1.7 so many times and so many different
> ways that I give up. When I check the directory
> /usr/apps/local/esword4ubuntu from either login, root or user, I see
> exactly the same thing. And on checking the Launch command on both
> logins is /usr/apps/local/esword4ubuntu/runesword and yet it runs
> from the root and nothing at all happens from the user directroy.
> Remember, I've installed from both director root and user with the
> exact same result.
>
> Is there a permission I might need to change?

Pardon my ignorance, but why not use Synaptec and install gnomesword?
Sounds like you are building/installing from a source tarball?

--
Best regards,
Chris

No alcohol, dogs or horses.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:54 AM
Willis

Chris wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 22:38:34 -0600
> Willis <gods-servant@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>> I installed esword4ubuntu_1.7 so many times and so many different
>> ways that I give up. When I check the directory
>> /usr/apps/local/esword4ubuntu from either login, root or user, I see
>> exactly the same thing. And on checking the Launch command on both
>> logins is /usr/apps/local/esword4ubuntu/runesword and yet it runs
>> from the root and nothing at all happens from the user directroy.
>> Remember, I've installed from both director root and user with the
>> exact same result.
>>
>> Is there a permission I might need to change?
>>

> Pardon my ignorance, but why not use Synaptec and install gnomesword?
> Sounds like you are building/installing from a source tarball?

Sorry, I missed it the first time but not really, it's a deb file. And
it works perfectly from the root login.