Old 12-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Caleb Marcus

Default Facebook very slow

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 18:46 -0500, Terry Snyder wrote:

On Dec 8, 2007 6:43 PM, Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2007 11:32 PM, Linda Hanigan <haniganwork@earthlik.net> wrote:
> > My teenagers complain that facebook is considerably slower on the Ubuntu
> > 6.06 computer than on the Windows XP computer. They don't notice the
> > speed difference when just visiting sites. Any ideas?
>
> Which browser are you using under XP and which browser are you using
> under Linux?
>
> --
> Steve
> When one person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many
> people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.

I would like to know also, I am using Ubuntu 7.04 and using the most
up-to-date firefox from the updates. The only thing I notice with
some of Facebook loading a little slow is with some of the new Apps I
installed. The more Apps I install the slower it gets. I don't use
Facebook on XP or Vista but I will have to check it out on my Vista
computer later.

You mean add-ons? That's normal. The solution is to not use them. In that case, it's really not Mozilla's fault... it's the add-on author's fault.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:25 AM
"John Dangler"

My teenagers complain that facebook is considerably slower on the Ubuntu
6.06 computer than on the Windows XP computer. They don't notice the
speed difference when just visiting sites. Any ideas?
Thanks
Linda
Linda~
Please be careful with FaceBook. Recent discoveries about the site and some of the practices there have raised a few alarms in the security community.

Ubu community - this is not an invite for an OT topical thread. I apologize for the jump, but since the OP has children on the site, I thought it necessary.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:10 AM
Caleb Marcus

My teenagers complain that facebook is considerably slower on the Ubuntu
6.06 computer than on the Windows XP computer. They don't notice the
speed difference when just visiting sites. Any ideas?
*************************** Thanks
*************************** Linda
Linda~
Please be careful with FaceBook. Recent discoveries about the site and some of the practices there have raised a few alarms in the security community.

Ubu community - this is not an invite for an OT topical thread. I apologize for the jump, but since the OP has children on the site, I thought it necessary.

If you're going to reply like that (without indents or quotes) you should either set your client to properly quote/indent, or start using the "Reply All" function rather than the "Forward" function to reply to the list properly, which normally quotes by default. If neither of these are viable options (although I can't think of any reason why not) then you might be better off (shudder) top-posting.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Linda Hanigan

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 23:43 +0000, Steve Flynn wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2007 11:32 PM, Linda Hanigan <haniganwork@earthlik.net> wrote:
> > My teenagers complain that facebook is considerably slower on the Ubuntu
> > 6.06 computer than on the Windows XP computer. They don't notice the
> > speed difference when just visiting sites. Any ideas?
>
> Which browser are you using under XP and which browser are you using
> under Linux?
>
> --
> Steve
> When one person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many
> people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.
>
> 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

They actually use Firefox on both XP and Ubuntu. I appreciate the
comment on facebook and share your concerns, but my daughter's school
newspaper uses if for communication with editors and staff so it is not
optional.