Old 01-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Gilles Gravier

Default Internet Explorer

Hi!

Tab Gilbert wrote:

> Yes in Google ask for Calorie Counter and choose the first page
> shown.
>
> Karl
>

> That should be iGoogle should it not? I added the Calorie Counter to
> the iGoogle page and now I can not delete it. There appears to be no
> save button. Delete, refresh and it pops back up again. I can add
> but I can not delete. It is not a new problem either. One of the
> reasons I ignored iGoogle after playing with it a few months ago.
> Same problem then and same problem now.
Just tried it on my iGoogle account. Go to Add Stuff. Enter "Calorie
Counter"... added Calorie Counter 2.0.

Went back to my iGoogle page. It was there. So far... good.

Then in the Calorie Counter window, top right, I brought the pull down
menu and selected "Delete this gadget" and it was removed.

No problem here. Did I install a different Calorie Counter than you have
tried with?

Gilles

Old 01-03-2009, 03:41 PM
"Tab Gilbert"

Then in the Calorie Counter window, top right, I brought the pull down

menu and selected "Delete this gadget" and it was removed.

No problem here. Did I install a different Calorie Counter than you have

tried with?

I know this is getting away from the OP and do not want to hijack the thread but I have never been able to delete anything I have added.* Google Skins, German Word of the Day, Real Estate Question of the Day, etc.* There is something about the "save" function that does not work properly and it has been that way over several versions of Ubuntu. *

tab

Old 01-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Gilles Gravier

Hi!

Tab Gilbert wrote:

> Then in the Calorie Counter window, top right, I brought the pull down
> menu and selected "Delete this gadget" and it was removed.
>
> No problem here. Did I install a different Calorie Counter than
> you have
> tried with?
>

> I know this is getting away from the OP and do not want to hijack the
> thread but I have never been able to delete anything I have added.
> Google Skins, German Word of the Day, Real Estate Question of the Day,
> etc. There is something about the "save" function that does not work
> properly and it has been that way over several versions of Ubuntu.
Maybe an add-on you have on Firefox that prevents some scripting. I'm on
Ubuntu 8.10 with all latest updates and Firefox 3.0.5 with
AddBlockPlus... And I can add, and delete any gadget in iGoogle.

Same on Windows.

Gilles.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:34 PM
"Tab Gilbert"

Maybe an add-on you have on Firefox that prevents some scripting. I'm on

Ubuntu 8.10 with all latest updates and Firefox 3.0.5 with

AddBlockPlus... And I can add, and delete any gadget in iGoogle.

You are probably right about an add-on causing the problem.* I have the same set-up as you do but will probably twenty more add-ons.* So I guess for the Calorie Counter issue is to turn half of them off, re-try and narrow it down that way.

tab

Old 01-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Gilles Gravier

Hi!

Tab Gilbert wrote:

> Maybe an add-on you have on Firefox that prevents some scripting.
> I'm on
> Ubuntu 8.10 with all latest updates and Firefox 3.0.5 with
> AddBlockPlus... And I can add, and delete any gadget in iGoogle.
>

> You are probably right about an add-on causing the problem. I have
> the same set-up as you do but will probably twenty more add-ons. So I
> guess for the Calorie Counter issue is to turn half of them off,
> re-try and narrow it down that way.
Or create first a "blank" profile for Firefox and confirm that with that
blank profile, you can remove it...

If that works... then do the dichotomy exercize you mention.

Gilles

Old 01-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Karl Larsen

Gilles Gravier wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Tab Gilbert wrote:
>
>> Maybe an add-on you have on Firefox that prevents some scripting.
>> I'm on
>> Ubuntu 8.10 with all latest updates and Firefox 3.0.5 with
>> AddBlockPlus... And I can add, and delete any gadget in iGoogle.
>>

>> You are probably right about an add-on causing the problem. I have
>> the same set-up as you do but will probably twenty more add-ons. So I
>> guess for the Calorie Counter issue is to turn half of them off,
>> re-try and narrow it down that way.
>>
> Or create first a "blank" profile for Firefox and confirm that with that
> blank profile, you can remove it...
>
> If that works... then do the dichotomy exercize you mention.
>
> Gilles
>
> This is from my Laptop which has Ubuntu Intrepid fully updated and when I tried the Firefox version 3.0.5 on this computer it works fine. I think the older Firefox on my Hardy which is also version 3.0.5 has some things added to it that conflict with the LabPixies Calorie Counter.

This comes from my laptop that has my email IMAP from Gmail just
like my regular Hardy tabletop model. In fact, anything it see's the
laptop gets after I turn it on. Very cool.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:29 PM
NoOp

On 01/03/2009 06:26 AM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Here on Ubuntu Hardy I discovered Google has a Calorie Counter that
> runs on Google and it does. But when I try to save the basic data it
> fails with Firefox putting up panels that simply freeze the browser up!
> I have to delete Firefox to recover.
>
> This morning I turned on my laptop with Vista running and did the
> same Calorie Counter on Internet Explorer and it worked perfect. Does
> this sound familiar?
>
> Karl

And this has what exactly to do with the OP's issue with esword?

Old 01-03-2009, 10:32 PM
NoOp

On 12/08/2007 08:20 AM, Willis wrote:
> In my research I have found that to use the esword-Ubuntu program I must
> have the Internet Explorer installed for the program to work. I have it
> installed in my root account and I thought that would be all I needed.
> I can install esword to my root account and it works perfectly, but it
> will not install to my user account. I have forgotten what I did to
> install it and I would appreciate some help. I can find the program but
> I did not take notes on the installation and cannot get it installed to
> my user account.
>
> Thank you in advance.

Believe it or not, you're the top of the list :-)

<http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2Besword&start=1 0&sa=N>

and looking at:

<http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2Be-sword&btnG=Google+Search>

I find:
<http://www.ubuntuproductivity.com/journal/software/07/2008/bible-software-on-ubuntu-linux/>

Leads to:
<http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=2418830&postcount=1>

Which might be of help.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Robert Hodgins

On Sat, 2009-01-03 at 15:29 -0800, NoOp wrote:
> On 01/03/2009 06:26 AM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> > Here on Ubuntu Hardy I discovered Google has a Calorie Counter that
> > runs on Google and it does. But when I try to save the basic data it
> > fails with Firefox putting up panels that simply freeze the browser up!
> > I have to delete Firefox to recover.
> >
> > This morning I turned on my laptop with Vista running and did the
> > same Calorie Counter on Internet Explorer and it worked perfect. Does
> > this sound familiar?
> >
> > Karl
> >

> And this has what exactly to do with the OP's issue with esword?

Hmm, Karl started a thread called Internet Explorer today. That message
above is the first message of what became the thread. He is the OP of
this thread called Internet Explorer.

The OP with the issue of esword is the OP of another thread with the
same name.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:04 PM
NoOp

On 01/03/2009 03:43 PM, Robert Hodgins wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-01-03 at 15:29 -0800, NoOp wrote:
>> On 01/03/2009 06:26 AM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>> > Here on Ubuntu Hardy I discovered Google has a Calorie Counter that
>> > runs on Google and it does. But when I try to save the basic data it
>> > fails with Firefox putting up panels that simply freeze the browser up!
>> > I have to delete Firefox to recover.
>> >
>> > This morning I turned on my laptop with Vista running and did the
>> > same Calorie Counter on Internet Explorer and it worked perfect. Does
>> > this sound familiar?
>> >
>> > Karl
>> >

>> And this has what exactly to do with the OP's issue with esword?
>>

> Hmm, Karl started a thread called Internet Explorer today. That message
> above is the first message of what became the thread. He is the OP of
> this thread called Internet Explorer.
>
> The OP with the issue of esword is the OP of another thread with the
> same name.

After looking at the headers of both I see that you are correct -
apologies to Karl. My newsreader (I use gmane for the list) - SeaMonkey
2.0a3pre, is showing Karl's threaded in Willis' "Internet Explorer" thread.