Old 08-23-2008, 11:59 PM

Default Ubuntu Password Problem

I tried to put 8.4 Ubuntu on a blank drive- 250 G'. I got through all the set up including the drive partiton

that I had not done before. When it came to getting into the system, I came to a screaming halt.

The password box would not accept my password, or any word I tried to use. I went to some existing help sites, both sponsered by you and some not, but none of them had any specific information. I tried a few ideas possed by some sites but to no avail.

Now my problem is, I can`t get into the system. The password box does not want to work.

One site I went to said I didn`t set my password. If that is the problem, I need some one to explain this procedure to me because I have not had to do it before this and I don`t know what you mean.

I`m a 72 year old illiterate retired military man who had to quit a coushy job as manager of an exclusive country club because my back gave way on me and I had to have extensive back

operation that has left me able to do little. I can sit in front of a computer and become tired

of Microsoft and all of its posseive ways. And I wouldn`t touch Vista with your hands.

I would love to get into Ubuntu and more open source. I use Firefox and any other open source

programs that will work on my XP computer But now I have a bitter taste in my mouth because

Ubuntu will not accept any password to get me into the system.

What corrective actions do you people have? Remember, I`m an ex soldier and people`s XXX

kisser. I don`t know computers will enough to write script or refigure the bios. All my life I have lived by the KISS principle - keep it simple, stupid.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Respectfully.

mrcy@military.com

or use mrcy@iwon.com