Old 08-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Allen Meyers

Default Web Design

What linux package provides the same capability as Front Page. That is ability to build web page without HTML.

Thank You
Allen
*Allen Meyers chef11994@sbcglobal.networtham_tx@yahoo.com
allenmeyers76693@gmail.com

*
*

Old 08-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Scott Sharkey

Allen Meyers wrote:
> What linux package provides the same capability as Front Page. That is
> ability to build web page without HTML.

There is no such thing as a web page without HTML, as a web page is, by
definition, HTML, generally.

IF you mean without learning HTML, I'm not aware of a package similar to
FrontPage (which produces the most atrocious HTML ever seen, by the
way). You may want to look into a Content Management System like
Drupal (drupal.org) or Joomla which allows you to manage and edit web
pages without having to know too much.

-Scott

Old 08-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Carl Friis-Hansen

Allen Meyers wrote:
> What linux package provides the same capability as Front Page. That is
> ability to build web page without HTML.
I would suggest kompozer:

~$ aptitude show kompozer
Package: kompozer
State: not installed
Version: 1:0.7.10-0ubuntu4
Section: universe/web
Maintainer: Ubuntu MOTU Developers <ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com>
Uncompressed Size: 26.6M
Depends: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.20.0), libc6 (>= 2.7-1), libcairo2 (>= 1.5.12),
libfontconfig1 (>= 2.4.0), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1-21),
libglib2.0-0 (>=
2.16.0), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.12.0), libidl0, libpango1.0-0 (>=
1.20.0),
libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1-21), libx11-6, libxft2 (> 2.1.1), libxt6,
zlib1g
(>= 1:1.2.3.3.dfsg-1)
KompoZer is a complete Web Authoring System that combines web file
management
and easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) web page editing.

KompoZer is designed to be extremely easy to use, making it ideal for
non-technical computer users who want to create an attractive,
professional-looking web site without needing to know HTML or web coding.

For more details look at http://kompozer.sourceforge.net/

Old 08-24-2008, 07:57 PM
"Jim Rosser"

Yeah Kompozer is definitely what your looking for.

--

* * * +---------------------------------+-------------------+

* * * | Carl Friis-Hansen * * * * * * * | Fiskeryd Nybygget |

* * * | http://computingconfidence.com/ | 341 91 *Ljungby * |

* * * | Phone: +46 (0)372 15033 * * * * | Sweden * * * * * *|

* * * +---------------------------------+-------------------+

Jim Rosser
Winchester Designs

Old 08-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Knapp

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Jim Rosser <jarosser06@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah Kompozer is definitely what your looking for.
>
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Carl Friis-Hansen <ubuntuuser@carl-fh.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Allen Meyers wrote:
>> > What linux package provides the same capability as Front Page. That is
>> > ability to build web page without HTML.
>> I would suggest kompozer:
>>
>> ~$ aptitude show kompozer
>> Package: kompozer
>> State: not installed
>> Version: 1:0.7.10-0ubuntu4
>> Section: universe/web
>> Maintainer: Ubuntu MOTU Developers <ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com>
>> Uncompressed Size: 26.6M
>> Depends: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.20.0), libc6 (>= 2.7-1), libcairo2 (>= 1.5.12),
>> libfontconfig1 (>= 2.4.0), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1-21),
>> libglib2.0-0 (>=
>> 2.16.0), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.12.0), libidl0, libpango1.0-0 (>=
>> 1.20.0),
>> libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1-21), libx11-6, libxft2 (> 2.1.1), libxt6,
>> zlib1g
>> (>= 1:1.2.3.3.dfsg-1)
>> KompoZer is a complete Web Authoring System that combines web file
>> management
>> and easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) web page editing.
>>
>> KompoZer is designed to be extremely easy to use, making it ideal for
>> non-technical computer users who want to create an attractive,
>> professional-looking web site without needing to know HTML or web coding.
>>
>> For more details look at http://kompozer.sourceforge.net/
>> --

> Jim Rosser
> Winchester Designs

You can do bit with stuff like open office also.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Old 08-25-2008, 01:16 AM
Pastor JW

On Sunday 24 August 2008 01:26:25 pm Knapp wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Jim Rosser <jarosser06@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yeah Kompozer is definitely what your looking for.
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Carl Friis-Hansen
> > <ubuntuuser@carl-fh.com>
> >
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> I would suggest kompozer:

> >> KompoZer is a complete Web Authoring System that combines web file
> >> management
> >> and easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) web page
> >> editing.
>
> You can do bit with stuff like open office also.

There is also Quanta Plus, found @ "Development" > "Web Development" but I
generally do mine either in Kate or AZ on the Amiga with which I originally
created my whole website with. I have been meaning to create an error page
which will show up and never go any farther for any MicroSoft browser like
they do for us but haven't so far had the time. It is pretty simple and
http://the-inner-circle.org/mypages/index.html does read the browser used so
it wouldn't be all that hard to send any MS browser off into never never
land. Just a little if/then statement.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org

Old 08-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Rakotomandimby Mihamina

> There is also Quanta Plus, found @ "Development" > "Web Development" but I
> generally do mine either in Kate or AZ on the Amiga with which I originally
> created my whole website with. I have been meaning to create an error page
> which will show up and never go any farther for any MicroSoft browser like
> they do for us but haven't so far had the time. It is pretty simple and
> http://the-inner-circle.org/mypages/index.html does read the browser used so
> it wouldn't be all that hard to send any MS browser off into never never
> land. Just a little if/then statement.

Quanta requires typing HTML.

--
Huile Essentielle de Camphre http://www.huile-camphre.fr
Infogerance http://www.infogerance.us

Old 08-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Anton Hofmann

Old 08-25-2008, 12:21 PM
"Jim Rosser"

Kompozer is the updated version of NVU, if you look at the downloads section the latest downloads are from 2005.