Old 08-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Rakotomandimby Mihamina

Default modem on USB and workaround

Hi,
I will be provided a modem for my internet connection:
A ZTE MG 478 device.
I searched on the web if it is usable under Linux (Ubuntu) and it is:
http://platonic.techfiz.info/2008/03/04/hacking-bsnl-evdo-on-linux/

The link above indicates a workaround on Ubuntus for the usbFS.
Is it the best way to do? Are there any other ways?
Should I file a bug on LP about this workaround?

Thank you.
--
Huile Essentielle de Camphre http://www.huile-camphre.fr
Infogerance http://www.infogerance.us