Old 08-23-2008, 03:38 PM
"Carlo Nyto"

Default mount usb drives at bootup?

I have a system with four removable USB drives. I want them to be
mounted each in the same location, every time they are attached. They
might be present at bootup, or they might get plugged in later.

Is this possible?

Old 08-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 11:38 -0400, Carlo Nyto wrote:
> I have a system with four removable USB drives. I want them to be
> mounted each in the same location, every time they are attached. They
> might be present at bootup, or they might get plugged in later.

Look into the package "usbmount".

Old 08-23-2008, 03:57 PM
"Brian McKee"

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Carlo Nyto <carlonyto@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a system with four removable USB drives. I want them to be
> mounted each in the same location, every time they are attached. They
> might be present at bootup, or they might get plugged in later.
>
> Is this possible?

If you label the drives, then Ubuntu should put them back in the same
spot every time.

Brian