Old 08-22-2008, 07:00 PM
"Sameera Shaakunthala"

Default Screensavers in Ubuntu

Hi,
* Can anybody tell me how to remove screensavers from (and also add to) the Screensavers list of Ubuntu Screensaver preferences dialog?

* Are their any online tutorials that teach how to program your own screensaver for linux?

--
.: සමීර ශාකුන්*ල :.
..:Sameera Shaakunthala:..

Old 08-23-2008, 12:23 AM
"Mumia W."

On 08/22/2008 02:00 PM, Sameera Shaakunthala wrote:
> Hi,
> * Can anybody tell me how to remove screensavers from (and also add to) the
> Screensavers list of Ubuntu Screensaver preferences dialog?
>
> * Are their any online tutorials that teach how to program your own
> screensaver for linux?

I don't know how to do this, but if you invoke "locate screensaver,"
you'll see some relevant files and directories listed. I would suspect
that removing a file from /usr/share/applications/screensavers/ would
disable the associated screensaver.