Old 08-20-2008, 09:34 AM

Default Installations

I cannot install software on my version of ubuntu i have been trying and it
gives me an error about DKPG how do i fix it?

Old 08-21-2008, 02:12 AM
"Brie Gordon"

2008/8/20 <desmond@gobodo.org>:
> I cannot install software on my version of ubuntu i have been trying and it
> gives me an error about DKPG how do i fix it?

Specifically, what error are you getting?
What version of Ubuntu are you using?

How are you trying to install the software (from source, Add/Remove
Programs, Synaptic, apt-get)?

Brie A. Gordon
Administradora de Sistemas y Ingeniera de LAN

Old 08-21-2008, 02:15 AM
James Takac

Hi

On Wednesday 20 August 2008 19:34:57 desmond@gobodo.org wrote:
> I cannot install software on my version of ubuntu i have been trying and it
> gives me an error about DKPG how do i fix it?

Usually it should tell you in the error message. Oft you're told to run
dpkg --configure -a

you need to open a terminal and type

sudo dpkg --configure -a

James