Old 08-20-2008, 02:05 AM
James Takac

Default 7.10 and recovery from riceeey script (eee pc)

Hi Guys

Am wondering if it's possible to undo the effects of the riceeey script.
Basically it trashed my ability to log onto the network but I can go back to
the previous kernel and go from there to go online

James

Old 08-20-2008, 12:09 PM
"Morgan Storey"

It'd help if we knew what this script did, but it sounds like it either installed a module or patched the kernel. You could uninstall the current kernel or do a force reinstall in synaptic or apt-get. If it is a module have a look in /etc/modprobe.d for anything new.

Am wondering if it's possible to undo the effects of the riceeey script.

Basically it trashed my ability to log onto the network but I can go back to

the previous kernel and go from there to go online

James

Regards
Morgan Storey,A+, MCSE:Security.
Senior Network and Security Consultant.