Old 08-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Nicu Buculei

Default Fedora logo history

Following a talk on IRC I wanted to show to someone *how* the Fedora
logo was created so went to tha Logo wiki page for the link and then
tried http://capstrat.com/development/fedora/index.php - the URL where
the great slides about the logo creation were posted.

Unfortunately, all I got was "404, Page not found" (it used to be there
a couple of months ago).

Since I think that was valuable information, do we have any chance to
recover those slides? (and maybe host them in the Fedora space)...

Old 08-20-2008, 12:50 AM
"Junior Tomazelli"

I access him this days e have the same problem. What happen with this website?

--
Wolnei Cândido Tomazelli Junior (Charged)
Brazil Fedora Ambassador

Linux User #477062

Old 11-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Máirí­n Duffy

It turns out the original pages on the creation of the Fedora logo, once
located at http://capstrat.com/development/fedora/index.php, are gone.

I took some time to grab what I could from archive.org and reconstruct
it here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/History

~m

Old 11-12-2008, 03:04 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 11:01 -0500, Máirí*n Duffy wrote:
> It turns out the original pages on the creation of the Fedora logo, once
> located at http://capstrat.com/development/fedora/index.php, are gone.
>
> I took some time to grab what I could from archive.org and reconstruct
> it here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/History

Good work Mo! I remember there being some controversy over the design
when it first came out, but now when I look at it I can't imagine our
using anything else. The thought that went into the logo really helped
us shape the definition of the overall Fedora brand.

Thanks for capturing this vital history lesson.

--
Paul W. Frields
http://paul.frields.org/ - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/

Old 11-12-2008, 03:04 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Old 11-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Máirí­n Duffy

Paul W. Frields wrote:

It turns out the original pages on the creation of the Fedora logo, once
located at http://capstrat.com/development/fedora/index.php, are gone.

I took some time to grab what I could from archive.org and reconstruct
it here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/History

Good work Mo! I remember there being some controversy over the design
when it first came out, but now when I look at it I can't imagine our
using anything else.

Wellllll.... the word mark not using an open font has always bothered me...

Other than that I can agree.

~m

Old 11-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Nicu Buculei

Máirí*n Duffy wrote:
It turns out the original pages on the creation of the Fedora logo, once
located at http://capstrat.com/development/fedora/index.php, are gone.

I took some time to grab what I could from archive.org and reconstruct
it here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/History

Good job, this is a useful reference.

And it seems it was not such a bad thing I was busy and forgot to do it
earlier, since you found a better version of the graphics.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Nicu Buculei

Paul W. Frields wrote:

Good work Mo! I remember there being some controversy over the design
when it first came out, but now when I look at it I can't imagine our
using anything else. The thought that went into the logo really helped
us shape the definition of the overall Fedora brand.

I was one of the skeptics in its early days but since then changed my
opinion and created a lot of graphics around it.