Old 08-19-2008, 03:41 PM
"Damodaran Nampoothiri"

Default i cant hear any sounds from my ubuntu

Plese help me
i cant heare any sounds from my ubuntu 8.04.
I dond know hw to configure its modum.Would u mind to helping me in this issues.
--
Damodar

Old 08-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Damodaran Nampoothiri wrote:
> Plese help me
> i cant heare any sounds from my ubuntu 8.04.
> I dond know hw to configure its modum.Would u mind to helping me in this
> issues.

Did you check the obvious parts first, the speaker power (if there's
one) and that it's plugged into the right port on the computer? Did it
work previously?

Old 08-19-2008, 03:57 PM
"Brian McKee"

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Bart Silverstrim
<bsilver@chrononomicon.com> wrote:
> Damodaran Nampoothiri wrote:
>> Plese help me
>> i cant heare any sounds from my ubuntu 8.04.
>> I dond know hw to configure its modum.Would u mind to helping me in this
>> issues.
>
> Did you check the obvious parts first, the speaker power (if there's
> one) and that it's plugged into the right port on the computer? Did it
> work previously?

And check the volume levels? Right click on the speaker and use that
to move all the related volume sliders up to a reasonable level.

Brian

Old 08-19-2008, 03:58 PM
"Damodaran Nampoothiri"

it is working very good.
can u tell hw i can configure my modem.Is i can do that may i can up date new program for sound !

Old 08-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Damodaran Nampoothiri wrote:
> it is working very good.
> can u tell hw i can configure my modem.Is i can do that may i can up date
> new program for sound !

Could you clear this up for me...are you saying that your sound is
working now?

The modem - what kind of modem is it? Do you have the name or brand?

You should have a network icon at the top of the desktop. On mine when I
click it, a menu drops that says "manual configuration". I click that
and a "network settings" box appears. This is the same box I get when I
click on "system", "administration", "network". I click "unlock" and
enter my password, I click "point to point connection" and properties,
then I can configure a serial (which is a modem) connection to configure it.