Old 08-19-2008, 03:08 AM
Alex Janssen

Default gnome keyring manager missing

What happened to this package. I'd have sworn I had it installed prior
to 8.04. It's not available from the repository.
When my laptop comes out of sleep, I am prompted for the keyring
password before it will reconnect via wireless.
If I just reboot, it connects without the prompt.
I looked in the archives at nabble.
http://www.nabble.com/8.04-networking-seems-awfully-broken.-to18627494.html#a18634877
speaks of wicd. Is that better than Network Manager? Does that solve
the keyring password manager problem?

Alex

--
Ourwoods.org
"You have to admit that the couch at home is more comfy than the chairs at work." - Unknown (152)

Old 08-21-2008, 02:14 AM
Alex Janssen

Alex Janssen said the following on 08/18/2008 11:08 PM:
> What happened to this package. I'd have sworn I had it installed prior
> to 8.04. It's not available from the repository.
> When my laptop comes out of sleep, I am prompted for the keyring
> password before it will reconnect via wireless.
> If I just reboot, it connects without the prompt.
> I looked in the archives at nabble.
> http://www.nabble.com/8.04-networking-seems-awfully-broken.-to18627494.html#a18634877
> speaks of wicd. Is that better than Network Manager? Does that solve
> the keyring password manager problem?
>
> Alex

I guess no one's got any input on or interest in this. I'm trying
wicd. For what it's worth I'll post the results of my trial back here.

--
Ourwoods.org
All laws are basically false. (6)

Old 08-21-2008, 02:19 AM
"Kennneth P. Turvey"

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:14:27 -0400, Alex Janssen wrote:

> Alex Janssen said the following on 08/18/2008 11:08 PM:
>> What happened to this package. I'd have sworn I had it installed prior
>> to 8.04. It's not available from the repository. When my laptop comes
>> out of sleep, I am prompted for the keyring password before it will
>> reconnect via wireless. If I just reboot, it connects without the
>> prompt. I looked in the archives at nabble.
>> http://www.nabble.com/8.04-networking-seems-awfully-broken.-
to18627494.html#a18634877
>> speaks of wicd. Is that better than Network Manager? Does that
>> solve
>> the keyring password manager problem?
>>
>> Alex
>>

> I guess no one's got any input on or interest in this. I'm trying wicd.
> For what it's worth I'll post the results of my trial back here.

I noticed this too. I used to be able to manipulate the keyring
directly, but under Hardy, I don't see how to do this.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet@squeakydolphin.com>
http://www.electricsenator.net

Over grown military establishments are under any form of government
inauspicious to liberty, and are to be regarded as particularly
hostile to republican liberty. -- George Washington