Old 08-18-2008, 12:17 AM
thufir

Default printer stopped working after upgrade

My printer is off at the moment, CUPS shows:

http://localhost:631/printers

ML-2510_Series (Default Printer) "Unplugged or turned off"
Location:
Printer Driver: Samsung ML-2550, 1.0
Printer State: stopped, accepting jobs, published.
Device URI: usb://Samsung/ML-2510%20Series

PDF
Location:
Printer Driver: Generic PDF file generator
Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, not published.
Device URI: cups-pdf:/

however, when I turn the printer on and attempt to print a test page through
/usr/bin/system-config-printer it just silently fails to print a page.
Currently I'm running:

thufir@arrakis:~$
thufir@arrakis:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 8.04
Codename: hardy
thufir@arrakis:~$
thufir@arrakis:~$

and this problem with the printer occurred after upgrading.

thanks,

Thufir

Old 08-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Eberhard Roloff

thufir schrieb:
> My printer is off at the moment, CUPS shows:
>
> http://localhost:631/printers
>

> ML-2510_Series (Default Printer) "Unplugged or turned off"
> Location:
> Printer Driver: Samsung ML-2550, 1.0
> Printer State: stopped, accepting jobs, published.
> Device URI: usb://Samsung/ML-2510%20Series
>

> PDF
> Location:
> Printer Driver: Generic PDF file generator
> Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, not published.
> Device URI: cups-pdf:/
>

> however, when I turn the printer on and attempt to print a test page through
> /usr/bin/system-config-printer it just silently fails to print a page.
> Currently I'm running:
>
> thufir@arrakis:~$
> thufir@arrakis:~$ lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Release: 8.04
> Codename: hardy
> thufir@arrakis:~$
> thufir@arrakis:~$
>

> and this problem with the printer occurred after upgrading.
>

> thanks,
>
> Thufir

Hi Thufir,

you might get some helpful hints here: