Old 08-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Linda Vest Castanos

Default c:oot.ini

How come I can't see C:oot.ini file on my Windows XP? I have 'show
hidden files' check in the folder options? I would like to see what it
looks like?

Old 08-18-2008, 03:26 AM
"Owen Townend"

2008/8/18 Linda Vest Castanos <dcastanos@snowcrest.net>:
> How come I can't see C:oot.ini file on my Windows XP? I have 'show
> hidden files' check in the folder options? I would like to see what it
> looks like?

Hey,

While not an Ubuntu question, the answer is simple enough:
Not only do you need show hidden files, but there's a separate
checkbox in the folder options for showing system files.

cheers,
Owen.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:44 AM
Linda Vest Castanos

c:oot.ini came up with the discussion of restoring grub. I'm curious
to see what it looks like.
Thank you
Ubuntu User - with the exception of my scanner and partitioning backup

Old 08-18-2008, 05:45 AM
"Owen Townend"

2008/8/18 Linda Vest Castanos <dcastanos@snowcrest.net>:
> On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 13:26 +1000, Owen Townend wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> While not an Ubuntu question, the answer is simple enough:
>> Not only do you need show hidden files, but there's a separate
>> checkbox in the folder options for showing system files.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Owen.
>>
> c:oot.ini came up with the discussion of restoring grub. I'm curious
> to see what it looks like.
> Thank you
> Ubuntu User - with the exception of my scanner and partitioning backup

No worries, glad I could help.

Even without the option checked, you should still be able to open the
file in a program like notepad by simply typing "c:oot.ini" into the
open dialog instead of navigating to and clicking on the file.

The 'microsoft way' of editing the file is to go through:
Control Panel -> system -> advanced -> Startup and Recovery Settings
-> System Startup -> Edit
This will simply open c:oot.ini in notepad.

cheers,
Owen.