Old 08-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Bill Taylor

Default using rutebook

I know I'm not very smart but I opened synaptic, searched and found
rutebook and installed it. So. where did it go? The documentation said
that it was a pdf file, I can print that, as well as html but I can't
find it.
-
Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor
Killer Spade 806 CE
1968-69

Old 08-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Karl Larsen

Bill Taylor wrote:
> I know I'm not very smart but I opened synaptic, searched and found
> rutebook and installed it. So. where did it go? The documentation said
> that it was a pdf file, I can print that, as well as html but I can't
> find it.
> -
> Bond Servant,
> Bill Taylor
> Killer Spade 806 CE
> 1968-69

Read my email just above yours.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 08-17-2008, 11:51 PM
NoOp

On 08/17/2008 02:46 PM, Bill Taylor wrote:
> I know I'm not very smart but I opened synaptic, searched and found
> rutebook and installed it. So. where did it go? The documentation said
> that it was a pdf file, I can print that, as well as html but I can't
> find it.

/usr/share/doc/rutebook

You can locate rutebook from the terminal:

locate rutebook

Please look through the archives for threads relating to rutebook - the
most recent is: "Any tutorials -RUTEBOOK"

Here is an easy way to see the threads with rutebook in them:
http://search.gmane.org/?query=rutebook&group=gmane.linux.ubuntu.user

Old 08-18-2008, 01:16 AM
andy baxter

Bill Taylor wrote:
> I know I'm not very smart but I opened synaptic, searched and found
> rutebook and installed it. So. where did it go? The documentation said
> that it was a pdf file, I can print that, as well as html but I can't
> find it.

A general way of finding out what files have been installed by a given
package is:

dpkg -L packagename

Old 08-18-2008, 02:31 AM
Karl Larsen

andy baxter wrote:
> Bill Taylor wrote:
>
>> I know I'm not very smart but I opened synaptic, searched and found
>> rutebook and installed it. So. where did it go? The documentation said
>> that it was a pdf file, I can print that, as well as html but I can't
>> find it.
>>

> A general way of finding out what files have been installed by a given
> package is:
>
> dpkg -L packagename

I am using rutebook and like what I see. But it seems the people who
can't find rutebook can't read either! It is just amazing how many
people do not know that documentation often goes to /usr/share/doc/ and
that was where I found it but no pdf file was there. But there is a
/html and I am using this to view the book on Firefox.

If you can't find or use rutebook your not READY to use rutebook. Go
back to Windows but it has even worse documentation so you better stay here.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 08-18-2008, 03:04 AM
James Takac

Hi Karl

On Monday 18 August 2008 12:31:44 Karl Larsen wrote:
> andy baxter wrote:
> > Bill Taylor wrote:
> >> I know I'm not very smart but I opened synaptic, searched and found
> >> rutebook and installed it. So. where did it go? The documentation said
> >> that it was a pdf file, I can print that, as well as html but I can't
> >> find it.
> >
> > A general way of finding out what files have been installed by a given
> > package is:
> >
> > dpkg -L packagename
>
> I am using rutebook and like what I see. But it seems the people who
> can't find rutebook can't read either! It is just amazing how many
> people do not know that documentation often goes to /usr/share/doc/ and
> that was where I found it but no pdf file was there. But there is a
> /html and I am using this to view the book on Firefox.
>
> If you can't find or use rutebook your not READY to use rutebook. Go
> back to Windows but it has even worse documentation so you better stay
> here.
>
> 73 Karl

in my directory there's also a gz file that if I click it opens a pdf it would
seem

James

Old 08-18-2008, 04:08 AM
Vinson Carrethers

James Takac wrote:
> Hi Karl
>
> On Monday 18 August 2008 12:31:44 Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> andy baxter wrote:

/usr/share/doc/rutebook/rute.pdf.gz

Old 08-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Florian Diesch

andy baxter <andy@earthsong.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

> Bill Taylor wrote:
>> I know I'm not very smart but I opened synaptic, searched and found
>> rutebook and installed it. So. where did it go? The documentation said
>> that it was a pdf file, I can print that, as well as html but I can't
>> find it.
>>

> A general way of finding out what files have been installed by a given
> package is:
>
> dpkg -L packagename

In Synaptic click the "Properties" button and see "Installed Files"

Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>

Mon Aug 18 13:30:01 2008
To: Homer <fsunoles@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: 32 bit install on 64 bit Xeon
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:38:39 +0100
From: "(=?utf-8?q?=60=60-=5F-=C2=B4=C2=B4?=) -- Fernando"
<ubuntu@bugabundo.net>
Cc: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Sender: ubuntu-users-bounces@lists.ubuntu.com

--===============3282753219441826519==

--nextPart1602275.TN1RYARxuV

Ol=C3=A1 Homer e a todos.

On Thursday 14 August 2008 19:10:36 Homer wrote:
> I've been googling, but can't seem to find a definitive answer... Can
> I install 32 bit Ubuntu on a 64 bit Xeon machine?

by the way: Why?=20
64 bits is AS stable AS 32.

=2D-=20
BUGabundo )
(``-_-=C2=B4=C2=B4) http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net
Linux user #443786 GPG key 1024D/A1784EBB
ps. My emails tend to sound authority and aggressive. I'm sorry in advance.=
I'll try to be more assertive as time goes by...

--===============3282753219441826519==--

Old 08-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Karl Larsen

James Takac wrote:
> Hi Karl
>
> On Monday 18 August 2008 12:31:44 Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> andy baxter wrote:

>>> A general way of finding out what files have been installed by a given
>>> package is:
>>>
>>> dpkg -L packagename
>>>
>> I am using rutebook and like what I see. But it seems the people who
>> can't find rutebook can't read either! It is just amazing how many
>> people do not know that documentation often goes to /usr/share/doc/ and
>> that was where I found it but no pdf file was there. But there is a
>> /html and I am using this to view the book on Firefox.
>>
>> If you can't find or use rutebook your not READY to use rutebook. Go
>> back to Windows but it has even worse documentation so you better stay
>> here.
>>
>> 73 Karl
>>

> in my directory there's also a gz file that if I click it opens a pdf it would
> seem
>
> James

Ahh, I never un-gzipped the file. Maybe a pdf would be better. I
will see, but actually the web version has you clicking all over the
book at the beginning. I think that is a learning experience too.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User