FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-17-2008, 08:06 PM
"Francisco Borges"
 
Default latex fonts for LCD reading?

Hello,

The default latex fonts are awesome for reading printed pages. But I
don't really like them to read texts on screen.

Does anyone has suggestions of latex fonts to use in order to proof
read the text on a LCD screen?

Cheers,
--
Francisco

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-18-2008, 05:39 PM
John D Lamb
 
Default latex fonts for LCD reading?

On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 22:06 +0200, Francisco Borges wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The default latex fonts are awesome for reading printed pages. But I
> don't really like them to read texts on screen.
>
> Does anyone has suggestions of latex fonts to use in order to proof
> read the text on a LCD screen?

You could try Palatino (actually Palladio), Utopia or Bookman

usepackage{mathpazo}% Palatino
usepackage{fourier}% Utopia
usepackage{bookman}% Bookman

The third of these doesn’t have any extra support for maths fonts. The
others do.

For simple LaTeX you can include one of these and comment it out to get
the standard LaTeX fonts.

With a little more work you can use almost any font in LaTeX.

--
JDL


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 08-20-2008, 12:28 PM
"Francisco Borges"
 
Default latex fonts for LCD reading?

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 7:39 PM, John D Lamb <J.D.Lamb@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 22:06 +0200, Francisco Borges wrote:
>> Does anyone has suggestions of latex fonts to use in order to proof
>> read the text on a LCD screen?
>
> You could try Palatino (actually Palladio), Utopia or Bookman
>
> usepackage{mathpazo}% Palatino
> usepackage{fourier}% Utopia
> usepackage{bookman}% Bookman
>
> The third of these doesn't have any extra support for maths fonts. The
> others do.

Thanks a lot for the tips. Will try these and see which works better.

Cheers,
--
Francisco

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org