Old 08-17-2008, 04:43 AM
Young

Default What other sources of help are available?

I'm looking for sources of help (besides this list) to install a fully
functioning Ubuntu system.

What else is available?

Old 08-17-2008, 05:01 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

Young <tuxman@knology.net> said:
> I'm looking for sources of help (besides this list) to install a
> fully functioning Ubuntu system.
>
> What else is available?

The Ubuntu web forum and paid support come to mind. I'm sure there
are more but with each level below these I would lose some amount
of trust.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple. After that, it's all
learned.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:27 AM
"Victor Padro"

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Cybe R. Wizard <cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net> wrote:

Young <tuxman@knology.net> *said:

> I'm looking for sources of help (besides this list) to install a

> fully functioning Ubuntu system.

> What else is available?

The Ubuntu web forum and paid support come to mind. *I'm sure there

are more but with each level below *these I would lose some amount

of trust.

Cybe R. Wizard

--

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple. After that, it's all

learned.

* * * *Bruce Ediger

I can risk myself telling you that google could be one important source, there I found this site: http://www.howtoforge.com which has a ubuntu section, perhaps it could be useful to you some day.
I reply to you later on because I can't remember another site which I found help a few months ago...

"Todo el desorden del mundo proviene de las profesiones mal o mediocremente servidas"

Old 08-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 23:43 -0500, Young wrote:
> I'm looking for sources of help (besides this list) to install a fully
> functioning Ubuntu system.
>
> What else is available?

Did you try https://help.ubuntu.com/ and
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ ?

In particular:
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/installation-guide/i386/index.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation

Old 08-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Peter Garrett

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 23:43:17 -0500
Young <tuxman@knology.net> wrote:

> I'm looking for sources of help (besides this list) to install a fully
> functioning Ubuntu system.
>
> What else is available?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation

You will find a good deal of help in general at
https://help.ubuntu.com/

For specific help, use the search function (top right) at

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/

and/or

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net

Old 08-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Knapp

> I'm looking for sources of help (besides this list) to install a fully

> functioning Ubuntu system.

> What else is available?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation

You will find a good deal of help in general at

https://help.ubuntu.com/

For specific help, use the search function (top right) at

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/

and/or

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/

Peter

Many problems require fast or interactive help. I love to get help with IRC. I use kvirc because It seems to be the best for me. I will leave learning it up to you but it is not so hard. It is a bet like using CB from the 70s. Also when you ask the question be sure to wait for the answer for at least one hour. Sometimes it takes time for the right person to look up and see it. Also use their name in all replies because that will pop up an alert on their computer.

Last look for channels that are about your problem with google.

--
Douglas E Knapp