Old 08-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Derek Broughton

Default Sound and Java: (was Restore Ubuntu MBR

Please don't reply to a thread to start a new subject - and definitely use a
subject that's relevant.

andrea phillips wrote:

> Hi Derek if you can since you are a nice person help me with my sound not
> working and what to i use uinstead of java for games . thanks

I hate to disappoint after an endorsement like that but I'm afraid I'm
useless on sound issues. It's all magic to me. I have two laptops with
_identical_ on-board sound, and one has sound, the other doesn't. I don't
get it.

As for Java, why can't you use it?

# sudo aptitude install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin

should be all you need.
--
derek