Old 08-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Allen Meyers

Default Momentary Blue Screen and shutdown

At boot this AM I choose XP at dual boot option, began to read e-mail and received momentart blue screen then shutdown.
tried f8, tried booting from ununtu 8.04 live CD and then tried my
windows recovery disk. Choose repair option then was ultimately brought
to boot sequence. Tried windows with success as well as mu kubuntu
desktop with success as well.

Those were desperation panic moves and may well have been correct, but
can anyone out there provide any additional insight based on this
limited information.
This
is an ancient ze4935 laptop an HP with XP home and ubuntu 8.04 in dual
mode with ubuntu being first in sequence. I have plenty RAM and 40G HD
with 3 partitions the NTFS the ubuntu and a swap.

Thank you so much for any advice*Allen Meyers chef11994@sbcglobal.networtham_tx@yahoo.com
allenmeyers76693@gmail.com

*
*