Old 08-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Linda Vest Castanos

Default screen resolution “Not Optimum Mode”

When I boot up and shut down Ubuntu (8.04 Hardy Heron), I get the
following message like a floating screen saver. How do I get rid of it.

“Not Optimum Mode”

Recommended Mode

1280 X 1024 60 HZ”

XP resolution is 1024 X 728 which I'm happy with.
(System-Preference-Screen Resolution) under Ubuntu reads “1280 X 1024 .
When I switch XP to “1280 X 1024 60 HZ”, it's to small. I would be happy
to get rid of the so call 'screen saver' “Not Optimum Mode” and be done
with it.

Any suggestions?

Linda

Old 08-16-2008, 04:06 AM
Linda Vest Castanos

I didn't see anything to turn off. It didn't do it with 7.04