-   -   Zombified programs (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/1436-zombified-programs.html)

Doug Morrison-Cleary 11-20-2007 04:19 PM

Zombified programs

I am using xubuntu 7.10 and am finding that many of my programs are not
closing properly but are becoming zombies according to the system
monitor. These programs include gedit, the gimp and mousepad. This did
not seem to happen in 7.04.

Any thoughts? Is this a problem in the making or nothing at all to
worry about? Or maybe the system monitor is not updating correctly?

Doug

"Jim Kronebusch" 11-20-2007 05:37 PM

Zombified programs

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:19:00 -0600, Doug Morrison-Cleary wrote
> I am using xubuntu 7.10 and am finding that many of my programs are not
> closing properly but are becoming zombies according to the system
> monitor. These programs include gedit, the gimp and mousepad. This did
> not seem to happen in 7.04.
>
> Any thoughts? Is this a problem in the making or nothing at all to
> worry about? Or maybe the system monitor is not updating correctly?
>
> Doug

I see a lot of this in Edubuntu. Installing gnome-watchdog helps clean them up. But a
fix would be nice.

Jim