Old 08-15-2008, 10:52 AM
"Michael Haney"

Default Adding Startup Apps in Kubuntu

Well, I'm using Kubuntu now. Not the KDE4 Remix version but the
regular Kubuntu 8.04 version. At least in this version I can tell
XWindows what kind of monitor I have so the Nvidia drivers don't limit
me to 640x480 with now elegant and simple way to change such settings.

The problem I have right now is trying to get a program launch when I
login. Its the experimental Compiz Fusion engine for KDE which allows
Kubuntu to use some of the Desktop Effects of Gnome. Right now I have
to manually start this component and its got no settings for having it
start at login or startup. How can I have this automatically start if
it doesn't have option to turn on to do this? I tried to find a way
to add startup programs but couldn't find it. Can someone help me?

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch@gmail.com

Old 08-15-2008, 03:15 PM
"Mumia W."

On 08/15/2008 05:52 AM, Michael Haney wrote:
> Well, I'm using Kubuntu now. Not the KDE4 Remix version but the
> regular Kubuntu 8.04 version. At least in this version I can tell
> XWindows what kind of monitor I have so the Nvidia drivers don't limit
> me to 640x480 with now elegant and simple way to change such settings.
>
> The problem I have right now is trying to get a program launch when I
> login. Its the experimental Compiz Fusion engine for KDE which allows
> Kubuntu to use some of the Desktop Effects of Gnome. Right now I have
> to manually start this component and its got no settings for having it
> start at login or startup. How can I have this automatically start if
> it doesn't have option to turn on to do this? I tried to find a way
> to add startup programs but couldn't find it. Can someone help me?

Place your startup scripts into the ~/.kde/Autostart folder.