Old 08-15-2008, 12:18 AM
"Ben Hamment"

Default gears ideas

Ive been playing with a few ideas

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Gears_draft_copy.png
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Gears_2_draft_2_copy.png

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Gears_2_draft_copy.png

let me know what you think.
also it would be handy to know the dimensions for the artwork required.

*

Old 08-15-2008, 06:38 AM
Nicu Buculei

Ben Hamment wrote:

Ive been playing with a few ideas

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Gears_draft_copy.png
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Gears_2_draft_2_copy.png
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Gears_2_draft_copy.png

let me know what you think.

I think they are a bit simplistic, see how Mo added various textures:
http://mihmo.livejournal.com/60026.html

also it would be handy to know the dimensions for the artwork required.

Do you work with vectors, right? (the images above look like Inkscape).
Then the size does not really matter, aspect ratio is the key (and at
this stage we can safely work at small resolutions, for speed and ease
of use).

In the final version we will need 4 or 5 image sizes, for various aspect
ratios, like 1920x1200, 1600x1200, 1280x1024 and whatever else we decide
is needed at the moment (800x480 for first gen ultra portables?)