Old 08-14-2008, 10:00 PM
"Bill Walton"

Default no cube and unable to rename desktops

I'm running 8.0.4, 64 bit.* I've enabled
System -> Appearances -> Visual Effects -> Extra.* I get wobbly
windows, but no cube.* I've got 4 desktops and can move between
them*via mouse or ctrl-alt-arrow but can't get the cube.* Also, when I
open Workspace Switcher Preferences I get no option to rename a desktop - only
Workspaces columns and rows.* Any help figuring out what I've screwed up
would be much appreciated.
*
TIA,
Bill

Old 08-15-2008, 01:59 PM
"Bill Walton"

Hi Marcin,

> 2008/8/15 Bill Walton <bill.walton@charter.net>:
>
> > I'm running 8.0.4, 64 bit. I've enabled System -> Appearances -> Visual
> > Effects -> Extra. I get wobbly windows, but no cube.
>
> Install compizconfig-settings-manager. It will appear at System →
> Preferences → Advanced Desktop Effects Settings.

That did it. Thanks!

Bill