Old 08-13-2008, 10:21 PM

Default How do I install the driver for my wireless card?

I'm still trying to get my wireless setup working. I pursued the
suggestions offered here but alas, no joy.

Seems like I need to install the driver for my 3Com wireless card. How
do I do that?

TIA
-J

Old 08-15-2008, 10:48 PM
"Kim Briggs"

On 8/13/08, jeffrey.berger@mac.com <jeffrey.berger@mac.com> wrote:
> I'm still trying to get my wireless setup working. I pursued the
> suggestions offered here but alas, no joy.
>
> Seems like I need to install the driver for my 3Com wireless card. How
> do I do that?

Hi JB,

It would be helpful if you had listed at least part of what you are
referring to when you say "suggestions offered here". How does one
know what you tried?!

Anyhoo, this worked for me:
http://kimbriggs.com/computers/computer-notes/linux-notes/ubuntu-linux-wi-fi-card.file

cheers,
--
http://kimbriggs.com

Old 08-16-2008, 12:35 AM

On Aug 15, 2008, at 6:57 PM, ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com wroteate: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 18:48:00 -0400
I'm still trying to get my wireless setup working. I pursued the
suggestions offered here but alas, no joy.

Seems like I need to install the driver for my 3Com wireless card. How
do I do that?

Hi JB,

It would be helpful if you had listed at least part of what you are
referring to when you say "suggestions offered here". *How does one
know what you tried?!

Anyhoo, this worked for me:
http://kimbriggs.com/computers/computer-notes/linux-notes/ubuntu-linux-wi-fi-card.file

Sorry! I was trying to conserve bandwidth. :-(
I was following suggestions by NoOp and Derek in the*newbie: getting wireless going on hardy*thread. Updates to Hardy seemed to have fixed my problem.
Thanks for the link. I _was_ following that up too, before the updates.
-JB--