-   -   Fire Fox crashes very often (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/14216-fire-fox-crashes-very-often.html)

"Rajiv Vyas" 12-06-2007 11:15 PM

Fire Fox crashes very often

Never had this problem on previous Ubuntu/FF versions, but on 7.10, my
FF freezes very often -- I would say once every couple of days. It
essentially freezes and then fades after which I can't do anything
with FF. I can still use Galeon and other programs. The only way out
is I've to forcefully shut it down and then restart FF. Is anyone else
having similar issues? Is there a way out?

Thanks,

James Takac 12-06-2007 11:35 PM

Fire Fox crashes very often

On Friday 07 December 2007 10:15:34 Rajiv Vyas wrote:
> Never had this problem on previous Ubuntu/FF versions, but on 7.10, my
> FF freezes very often -- I would say once every couple of days. It
> essentially freezes and then fades after which I can't do anything
> with FF. I can still use Galeon and other programs. The only way out
> is I've to forcefully shut it down and then restart FF. Is anyone else
> having similar issues? Is there a way out?
>
> Thanks,

Hi Rajiv

Works fine for me. Is there a particular type of page (page content) that
seems to freeze FF for you? e.g. does it freeze when viewing flash content or
certain sites seem to trigger it? Has this happened after an update but you
haven't yet rebooted ubuntu? If this one, try rebooting and it may fix things

James