Old 08-13-2008, 03:27 AM
"philip jin"

Default Help me. How to restore my ubuntu 6.06 because of faling to upgrade to 8.04

Hi Zhihang:

Try the following command to see whether this can fix the issue.
# aptitude install xfonts-utils

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 10:34 AM, zhihang wang <zhihang.wang@gmail.com> wrote:

When I upgrade my 6.06 to 8.04 directly by update from the internet, an error occure. The error message is:

Unpacking xfonts-scalable (from .../xfonts-scalable_1%3a1.0.0-6_all.deb) ...

Setting up xfonts-scalable (1:1.0.0-6) ...

usage error: unrecognized option

Usage: update-fonts-dir DIRECTORY ...

update-fonts-dir { -h | --help }

This program is a wrapper for mkfontdir(1x) that is primarily useful to Debian

package maintainer scripts. See update-fonts-dir for more information.

-h, --help display this usage message and exitdpkg: error processing xfonts-scalable (--configure):

subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2

xfonts-scalable

Now I can't enter gnome. How to restore my 6.06 or continue to upgrade?
--
Best Regards
zhihang wang

Cheers
Philip Jin

Old 08-13-2008, 04:12 AM
"zhihang wang"

Thank you for your help, Philip.
*It still doesn't work.
The error message is
* xfonts-scalable(1.0.0-6)
usage error:unrecognized option
usage: update-fonts-dir DIRECTORY...
..

xfonts-scalable
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returened an error code(1)

The same error message as before.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:19 AM
NoOp

On 08/12/2008 07:34 PM, zhihang wang wrote:
> When I upgrade my 6.06 to 8.04 directly by update from the internet,
> an error occure. The error message is: Unpacking xfonts-scalable
> (from .../xfonts-scalable_1%3a1.0.0-6_all.deb) ...
>
> Setting up xfonts-scalable (1:1.0.0-6) ... usage error: unrecognized
> option Usage: update-fonts-dir DIRECTORY ... update-fonts-dir { -h |
> --help } This program is a wrapper for mkfontdir(1x) that is
> primarily useful to Debian package maintainer scripts. See
> update-fonts-dir for more information. Options: -h, --help display
> this usage message and exitdpkg: error processing xfonts-scalable
> (--configure): subprocess post-installation script returned error
> exit status 2 Errors were encountered while processing:
> xfonts-scalable E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code
> (1)
>

> Now I can't enter gnome. How to restore my 6.06 or continue to
> upgrade?

This may help:

<quote>