Old 08-13-2008, 02:34 AM
"zhihang wang"

Default Help me. How to restore my ubuntu 6.06 because of faling to upgrade to 8.04

When I upgrade my 6.06 to 8.04 directly by update from the internet, an error occure. The error message is:

Unpacking xfonts-scalable (from .../xfonts-scalable_1%3a1.0.0-6_all.deb) ...

Setting up xfonts-scalable (1:1.0.0-6) ...

usage error: unrecognized option

Usage: update-fonts-dir DIRECTORY ...

update-fonts-dir { -h | --help }

This program is a wrapper for mkfontdir(1x) that is primarily useful to Debian

package maintainer scripts. See update-fonts-dir for more information.

-h, --help display this usage message and exitdpkg: error processing xfonts-scalable (--configure):

subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2

xfonts-scalable

Now I can't enter gnome. How to restore my 6.06 or continue to upgrade?
--
Best Regards
zhihang wang