Old 08-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Fajar Priyanto

Default Any reference on /etc/network/*

Old 08-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Nils Kassube

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Is there any reference on what files in /etc/network/* do?
> For example, from google they said about this option: pre-up.
> Where can I know more about it?

In a terminal try the command

man interfaces

Use the up / down keys to navigate and "q" to quit. IIRC there is a bit
about the directories /etc/network/*/ near the middle of it.

Nils

Old 08-12-2008, 10:19 AM
"Neil Stone"

<quote who="Fajar Priyanto">

Old 08-12-2008, 03:23 PM
NoOp

On 08/12/2008 04:50 AM, Fajar Priyanto wrote:

You might want to look into fixing your sig... :-)

An easy way to view the man pages is to simply us F1 (System|Help...) -
or from the terminal: yelp

When help comes up: Advanced Topics|Terminal Commands...|Configuration
Files|Interfaces etc.

Makes it easy to keep the man page up on a window while still using the
terminal window to try out the commands, etc. Also makes it easy to
print in a proper format or to a cupspdf printer if you want to keep for
future reference.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:07 PM
"Brian McKee"

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 11:23 AM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> An easy way to view the man pages is to simply us F1 (System|Help...) -
> or from the terminal: yelp
>
> When help comes up: Advanced Topics|Terminal Commands...|Configuration
> Files|Interfaces etc.

Thats the easy way ?

If you're running Gnome, hit Alt-F2 to bring up the run box, then type
man:interfaces
Don't forget the colon.
It'll get you to exactly the same place NoOp is sending you, without
using the rat-tailed clicking thingy....
:-)
Brian

Old 08-12-2008, 07:37 PM
"Chris Mohler"

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Brian McKee <brian.mckee@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 11:23 AM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> An easy way to view the man pages is to simply us F1 (System|Help...) -
>> or from the terminal: yelp
>>
>> When help comes up: Advanced Topics|Terminal Commands...|Configuration
>> Files|Interfaces etc.
>
> Thats the easy way ?
>
> If you're running Gnome, hit Alt-F2 to bring up the run box, then type
> man:interfaces
> Don't forget the colon.
> It'll get you to exactly the same place NoOp is sending you, without
> using the rat-tailed clicking thingy....

Odd - typing 'man:interfaces' into the 'Run' box gives me this:
The requested URI "man:///interfaces" is invalid

Off to google....

Chris

Tue Aug 12 23:30:01 2008