Old 08-11-2008, 05:36 PM
"Verde Denim"

Default Test gmail FIlter

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Pastor JW <pastor_jw@the-inner-circle.org> wrote:

On Monday 11 August 2008 10:17:25 am Verde Denim wrote:

> Please ignore - Trying a gmail filter to see if i can post my own messages

> to the list...

You can post them, you just can't read them in Gmail unless someone answers

you and quotes your message.

--

73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276

http://the-inner-circle.org

Well, i can follow that theory for a moment - so let's see if this message ever shows up again in my inbox. If it does, then at least it works partially...

Old 08-11-2008, 07:52 PM
"Ashley Benton"

On Monday 11 August 2008 10:17:25 am Verde Denim wrote:

> Please ignore - Trying a gmail filter to see if i can post my own messages

> to the list...

You can post them, you just can't read them in Gmail unless someone answers

you and quotes your message.

--

73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276

http://the-inner-circle.org

Well, i can follow that theory for a moment - so let's see if this message ever shows up again in my inbox. If it does, then at least it works partially...

If you want to know if the list received your message with gmail, go to the mailing list registration and set to be notified when you send a message to the list. You won't see your message but you will have an email each time you send something to the list.

Meg

Old 08-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Pastor JW

On Monday 11 August 2008 12:52:08 pm Ashley Benton wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Verde Denim <tdldev@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Pastor JW
> >>
> >> You can post them, you just can't read them in Gmail unless someone
> >> answers
> >> you and quotes your message.
>
> > Well, i can follow that theory for a moment - so let's see if this
> > message ever shows up again in my inbox. If it does, then at least it
> > works partially...
>
> If you want to know if the list received your message with gmail, go to the
> mailing list registration and set to be notified when you send a message to
> the list. You won't see your message but you will have an email each time
> you send something to the list.

That is not his problem, In fact his list preference is set this way. His
problem is Gmail drops out his own message returning to himself, so if he
wrote it, Gmail drops it with the rational that the message is already in his
sent list. Now IF he erases the message out of his sent list then perhaps
Gmail with no message to compare it to would let the message he wrote come
back to his inbox. If it just filters on his name as the author however,
this may not happen. It is the way Gmail works that is the problem, not the
wat the maillist works.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Bas Roufs

> That is not his problem, In fact his list preference is set this way. His problem is Gmail drops out his own message returning to himself, so if he wrote it, Gmail drops it with the rational that the message is already in his sent list. Now IF he erases the message out of his sent list then perhaps Gmail with no message to compare it to would let the message he wrote come back to his inbox. If it just filters on his name as the author however, this may not happen. It is the way Gmail works that is the problem, not the wat the maillist works.

You are absolutely right. Thanks for this clear summary.

Bas.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:24 PM
"Verde Denim"

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Pastor JW <pastor_jw@the-inner-circle.org> wrote:

On Monday 11 August 2008 12:52:08 pm Ashley Benton wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Verde Denim <tdldev@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Pastor JW

> >> You can post them, you just can't read them in Gmail unless someone

> >> answers

> >> you and quotes your message.

> > Well, i can follow that theory for a moment - so let's see if this

> > message ever shows up again in my inbox. If it does, then at least it

> > works partially...

> If you want to know if the list received your message with gmail, go to the

> mailing list registration and set to be notified when you send a message to

> the list. You won't see your message but you will have an email each time

> you send something to the list.

That is not his problem, In fact his list preference is set this way. *His

problem is Gmail drops out his own message returning to himself, so if he

wrote it, Gmail drops it with the rational that the message is already in his

sent list. *Now IF he erases the message out of his sent list then perhaps

Gmail with no message to compare it to would let the message he wrote come

back to his inbox. *If it just filters on his name as the author however,

this may not happen. *It is the way Gmail works that is the problem, not the

wat the maillist works.

Ok. I got this message. And I agree, it is probably more to do with gMail than with this list, since I do get other messages (not my own). The solution is probably in moving to a mail agent like Evo or Thunderbird... It would be intersting to set it up and find that it works. At least it would be fodder for reporting to gMail, although I'm not sure that they would be willing to change anything.

Jack

Old 08-13-2008, 08:38 PM
"Arthur H. Johnson II"

Verde Denim wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Pastor JW
> <pastor_jw@the-inner-circle.org
> <mailtoastor_jw@the-inner-circle.org>> wrote:
>
> On Monday 11 August 2008 12:52:08 pm Ashley Benton wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Verde Denim <tdldev@gmail.com
> <mailto:tdldev@gmail.com>> wrote:
> > > On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Pastor JW

> someone
> >
> > > Well, i can follow that theory for a moment - so let's see if this
> > > message ever shows up again in my inbox. If it does, then at
> least it
> > > works partially...
> >
> > If you want to know if the list received your message with
> gmail, go to the
> > mailing list registration and set to be notified when you send a
> message to
> > the list. You won't see your message but you will have an email
> each time
> > you send something to the list.
>
> That is not his problem, In fact his list preference is set this
> way. His
> problem is Gmail drops out his own message returning to himself,
> so if he
> wrote it, Gmail drops it with the rational that the message is
> already in his
> sent list. Now IF he erases the message out of his sent list then
> perhaps
> Gmail with no message to compare it to would let the message he
> wrote come
> back to his inbox. If it just filters on his name as the author
> however,
> this may not happen. It is the way Gmail works that is the
> problem, not the
> wat the maillist works.
>

> Ok. I got this message. And I agree, it is probably more to do with
> gMail than with this list, since I do get other messages (not my own).
> The solution is probably in moving to a mail agent like Evo or
> Thunderbird... It would be intersting to set it up and find that it
> works. At least it would be fodder for reporting to gMail, although
> I'm not sure that they would be willing to change anything.

gmail has support for imap, pop, and smtp. I use gmail through
thunderbird, it does the filtering, and it works great.