Old 08-11-2008, 05:00 PM
"Verde Denim"

Default 8.04LTS upgrade

I don't know if the first version of this message made it to the list, so I'm re-posting.

During the upgrade, the process hung at "installing locale"...
At the end of the "Installing the upgrades" portion, I got a message saying something about retrying the broken package.

I selected 'Ok', and the process cycled back to "Installing locales..." - it' s been there for over an hour.
I'm not sure where to go from here, since I've never seen Ubuntu behave this way.

Any help is appreciated.

Jack

Old 08-11-2008, 08:30 PM
NoOp

On 08/11/2008 10:00 AM, Verde Denim wrote:
> I don't know if the first version of this message made it to the list, so
> I'm re-posting.
>
> During the upgrade, the process hung at "installing locale"...
> At the end of the "Installing the upgrades" portion, I got a message saying
> something about retrying the broken package.
> I selected 'Ok', and the process cycled back to "Installing locales..." -
> it' s been there for over an hour.
> I'm not sure where to go from here, since I've never seen Ubuntu behave this
> way.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Jack

It did & the response was: