Old 08-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Christopher Masih

Default No Audio Capture on ubuntu.8

hi, i have used linux for a couple of years or so and i know my way
around quite well. i have the latest ubuntu and mostly things are
working but i still cant seem to capture any audio with my microphone
input on my SoundblasterAudigySE card. its strange, both skype and sound
recorder crash when i try. the setup has been tested to work in windows
fine. ive tryed changing the input devices and other things but
nothing..

Also i am still to find a good editor (& joiner) for compiling video
files of different formats such as avi,mpeg,wmv. "avidemux" is good at
splitting/cropping (sometimes) but doesnt do much else it seems.
"Pitivi" seemed quite low in features and just crashed all the time.