Old 08-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Chris

Default No Audio Capture on ubuntu-8.04.1

hi guys,

i have used linux by default since about feb08. i have the latest ubuntu
cos its the best!
Mostly things are working but i still cant seem to capture
any audio with my microphone via the input on my SoundblasterAudigySE card.
its strange, both skype and sound recorder crash when i try.
the hardware has been tested to work. ive tryed changing the input
devices in the settings and other things but nothing..
I can capture audio with my webcam mic, that works, but its not the best quality

im hoping someone can help solve this or point me in the right direction.. thanks

chris masih

Old 08-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Frans

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:50:26 +0100, Chris wrote:

> hi guys,
>
> i have used linux by default since about feb08. i have the latest ubuntu
> cos its the best!
> Mostly things are working but i still cant seem to capture any audio
> with my microphone via the input on my SoundblasterAudigySE card. its
> strange, both skype and sound recorder crash when i try. the hardware
> has been tested to work. ive tryed changing the input devices in the
> settings and other things but nothing.. I can capture audio with my
> webcam mic, that works, but its not the best quality
>
> im hoping someone can help solve this or point me in the right
> direction.. thanks
>
> chris masih

http://www.cahilig.org/select-default-audio-device-ubuntu-804 might help.
You should set the SoundblasterAudigySE as the default card.

Good luck!

-Frans

Old 08-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Chris

> hi guys,
>
> i have used linux by default since about feb08. i have the latest
ubuntu
> cos its the best!
> Mostly things are working but i still cant seem to capture any audio
> with my microphone via the input on my SoundblasterAudigySE card. its
> strange, both skype and sound recorder crash when i try. the hardware
> has been tested to work. ive tryed changing the input devices in the
> settings and other things but nothing.. I can capture audio with my
> webcam mic, that works, but its not the best quality
>
> im hoping someone can help solve this or point me in the right
> direction.. thanks
>
> chris masih

http://www.cahilig.org/select-default-audio-device-ubuntu-804 might
help.
You should set the SoundblasterAudigySE as the default card.

Good luck!

thanks fran but that didnt work,
chris