Old 08-10-2008, 12:58 AM
"Peter Goggin"

Default Setting up winer under ubuntu

I use FTM 11 for Genealogy. I installed Wine on one of my Linux boxes
and was able to install and run the program.

My problem relates to how I should set up the linux box. The box has 3
hard drives, one of 20 gbyte on which Linux is installed, one of 20
gbyte divided into two partitions and a third of 30 Gbyte again divided
into two partitions. This is a hangover from when I used the box as a
web server running Red Hat, Adobe, Mysql and PHP.

Is it possible to make the third drive available as the home area for
users?

What I would like to do is make the 30 Gbyte disk into one partition and
make wine recognise this as the C drive. Any advice on how to do this
would be gratefully accepted.

Regards

Peter Goggin