Old 08-09-2008, 08:45 AM
"Oguz Yarimtepe"

Default sleeper and rebooter

Hi all,

There are two win products that are used for s3 and s4 stress tests.
passMArk sleeper and rebooter are the ones i am talking about. I am
looking for the Linux equivalents of them. Any idea?

--
Oğuz Yarımtepe
www.loopbacking.info

Old 08-10-2008, 05:49 AM
Florian Diesch

"Oguz Yarimtepe" <comp.ogz@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are two win products that are used for s3 and s4 stress tests.
> passMArk sleeper and rebooter are the ones i am talking about. I am
> looking for the Linux equivalents of them. Any idea?

Could you explain what these programs are doing?

Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>

Old 08-11-2008, 05:05 AM
"Oguz Yarimtepe"

Hi,

> Could you explain what these programs are doing?

Sure. They are the programs that are used to reboot the computer or
suspend the computer defined number of times automatically. So what
they do is make the computer go to suspend mode then awake wait and
repeat the process again. Also for the rebooter.

> Florian
> --
> <http://www.florian-diesch.de/>

Oğuz Yarımtepe
www.loopbacking.info

Old 08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Florian Diesch

"Oguz Yarimtepe" <comp.ogz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

>> Could you explain what these programs are doing?
>>

> Sure. They are the programs that are used to reboot the computer or
> suspend the computer defined number of times automatically. So what
> they do is make the computer go to suspend mode then awake wait and
> repeat the process again. Also for the rebooter.

I don't know any program to do this on Linux. But here's a simple
shell script that may do the job.

Be careful, it's not well tested. Use at your own risk.

#!/bin/sh

## Directory to store our files
DATA_DIR=/you/need/to/change/this

## Logging goes here
LOGFILE="$DATA_DIR/nrun.log"

## The counter is saved here
COUNTERFILE="$DATA_DIR/nrun.counter"

## Command to run
CMD=gnome-power-cmd.sh suspend

help(){
echo "Usage:"
echo " $0 N"
exit 1
}

if [ $# -lt 1 ]; then
help
fi

N="$1"

if [ -f "$COUNTERFILE" ]; then
COUNT="$(cat "$COUNTERFILE")"
else
COUNT=0
echo > "$LOGFILE" # start new logfile
fi

COUNT="$((COUNT+1))"

if [ "$COUNT" -gt "$N" ]; then
echo > "$COUNTERFILE"
exit 0
fi

echo "$CMD: $COUNT of $N at $(date)" >> $LOGFILE

echo "$COUNT" > "$COUNTERFILE"

$CMD

Adapt the first few lines to your needs (gnome-power-cmd.sh requires
GNOME to be running, instead of suspend you may use shutdown,
hibernate or reboot) and call the script, e.g.
/the/dir/you/saved/nrun 10
from /etc/rc.local or a user's session (in this case you should
configure gdm (or whatever display manager you are using) to login
that user automatically).

Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>

Old 09-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Oguz Yarimtepe

Hi,

Sorry for late replying. The problem about the script is, there is
nothing that will wake the pc from sleep up. I found rtcwake but
couldn`t run it under Ubuntu. So i need a system to go to sleep and wake
from it automatically.